Effective Date: 01 May 2018
At AutoBroker we are committed to protecting your personal information, respecting your privacy and to using technologies to enhance online security.
If you do not accept any of the terms and conditions of this policy please do not use or access AutoBroker.
The information we collect is the information you provide to us directly or through our services and other linked sources with us when you visit, access and request products and services by AutoBroker.
This information may include
- personal information obtained from you via AutoBroker;
- personal information you provide about yourself in order to create and manage your AutoBroker account, sell or buy a car
- personal information you send to us through emails, letters and telephone conversations; and
- personal information we receive from other users or third parties about you and/or your activities.
The type of personal information collected may include but not limited to Name and Surname, Email Address, Address, Phone number, Gender, Profile photo, Information about your car ownership, Financial and billing payment details, IP, Location data, Device and software details used to visit and access our website, ISP or mobile carrier and any other information you choose to provide to us.
We may also receive and combine personal information that we collect from other sources such as Social Media (Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn). If you access or register on our website through a social media service. The information that we may collect include usernames, email, profile photo, friend lists and any other information that you have made public in connection with that social media account. We never collect sensitive personal data about you.
2. Use of your Personal Information
We may process your personal data because it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. In this respect, we use your personal data for the following:
- Provide and maintain our services and products to our clients
- Process payments for the services and products requested
- Provide customer support and perform improvements in our systems
- Communicate information that we believe will be of interest to our clients (see below Email Newsletters)
- Perform internal operations through data and behaviour analysis
- Protect and defend our rights or property (including the enforcement of our agreements)
3. Where we store your personal information
4. Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- We may send your personal information to AutoBroker partners and networks including but not limited to car dealers, insurance brokers, loan advisors and other car industry professionals in order to enable them to serve you with your request via AutoBroker website. Therefore, they may transfer, process and store your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for their business and administration purposes.
- We may use third-party plugins and service providers for analytics and marketing purposes (such as MailChimp, Google Analytics, Facebook), some of whom may be based outside the EEA. Information about your visit to the Website may be collected by these third-party providers. For more information on how these third parties use information, please read their privacy policies.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; to operate our systems properly; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of AutoBroker, its subsidiaries, affiliates, our customers or others.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information at any time
- You may request details of your personal information which we hold and a copy of this information
- You may request rectification of your personal information which we hold if you believe that is incorrect or incomplete
- You may request deletion or removal of your personal information if no longer needed or if you have withdrawn your consent after closing your AutoBroker account.
We keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose it was collected for, where we need to in relation to proving legal relationships or to comply with any of our legal obligations.
7. Legal Obligations
We cooperate with law enforcement inquiries and other third parties to enforce laws, intellectual property and other rights for the safety of AutoBorker and our users. For this reason, we may disclose account and other personal information without user consent to law enforcement, regulatory, or other government agencies or to other third parties as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation.
8. Confidentiality and Security of your personal data
We strive to protect privacy on the data transmitted to or from us over the internet and we take reasonable security measurements to safeguard personal information and restrict access to authorized personnel only. However, we do not guarantee that any information collected will not be intercepted by a third party during transmission over any public networks or otherwise. You bear the risk of communicating with us electronically and we are not responsible for any resulting loss or damage.
9. Third Party Services
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that AutoBroker and its owners participate on are subject to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively. You are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate /engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details.
a) What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you as an individual.
c) Third party cookies
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
d) How to control cookies
All modern web browsers contain options for controlling cookies.
e) How to delete cookies
You can always delete cookies from your computer if you wish. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
AutoBroker operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by AutoBroker. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates AutoBroker. Email marketing campaigns published by AutoBroker or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity. In compliance with Cyprus and EU Laws, subscribers are given the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign.
Although AutoBroker only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout AutoBroker. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites. The owners of AutoBroker cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and AutoBroker and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
By your access to or any use of this site you agree that for resolving any issue, claim or dispute in any manner related to or arising from AutoBroker or your use of the internet to access AutoBroker that exclusive jurisdiction are the Cyprus and EU laws that shall govern.
We may contact you by phone, email, post or through social media. If you prefer a particular contact method, please let us know.
This policy may change from time to time based on new regulations and/or updated services, and for this reason, we invite users/visitors to periodically consult this page.
You can easily request your personal data to be exported or deleted by submitting your request below. Your request will be verified first and completed without any delay.
- phone at: +357 94 049 0000
- email to: info[@] autobroker.com.cy or
- by post to: AutoBroker.com.cy, Constantinou Palaiologou 37, Larnaca, 6036, Cyprus