Car Immobilization Process and Application Form – Αίτηση για Ακινητοποίηση Μηχανοκίνητου Οχήµατος
The application for immobilization of a vehicle is received by the District Offices of TOM and the Citizen Service Centers. The owner can immobilize his vehicle for a specified period or indefinitely. If the applicant reports a period that he intends to immobilize his vehicle then the immobilization is valid for the specified period of time, otherwise, it is valid for an unlimited period of time.
- Supplemental Immobilization Form ΤΟΜ12A
- Authorization by the Authorization Authority to immobilize a public vehicle (where applicable)
- Payment of any delayed road tax fees until the month of commencement of the immobilisation
- If the vehicle is immobilized before the expiration of the current marketing authorization, the fees corresponding to the remaining months of the marketing authorization are reimbursed. (Please contact the Department for the required forms and return information.)
- If the owner wishes to stop the vehicle, he may do so by simply renewing the registration certificate for the vehicle in question, provided that he holds a valid certificate, a valid A, D, E license or a Road Vehicle License where applicable.
- Please note that a new application must be submitted for each period of immobilization.
- The immobilisation of a vehicle is governed by the Motor Vehicles and Traffic Act of 1972, as amended to date.
Source: Department of Road Transport