It is critical to check the car before any commitments with the seller.
Find out as much information about the car you want to buy over the phone and always get full contact details of the seller and ask specific questions about the car specifications to match the advert, previous owners, milages and if an inspection report can be provided.
Check the car details
Record the car registration number, make and model and verify them with the information held by DVLA.
Confirm with the seller that they have the original UK V5C vehicle registration certificate (‘log book’) and the latest MOT report. Simply, ask them for a copy via email.
It is important to check that the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), the engine number and the colour recorded in the logbook match the car.
MOT Status & History
Verify the MOT status and history of the car by checking at GOV.UK for free. It is recommended to get a car history report which can give you valuable information about the car status, historical MOT records with mileage, outstanding finance, accidents involvement and if the car has been reported stolen or repaired after serious damage. The most popular online services for car checks are HPI, the AA, RAC, Autotrader,Car Tax Check,Total Car Check and prices start from £1.99 for the basic check.
Pre-purchase Inspection & Test Drive
- On-site visit for inspection and test drive are without any doubt the best way to know the car’s condition and buy with confidence. For on-site visit, the AutoBroker Appraisal Checklist form is a handy tool to ensure the car condition
- From Cyprus you can get your interesting car inspected by
- Selecting an inspection service provider in the UK from AutoBroker Directory
- Finding a local mechanic and assign them the inspection request
- Using the professional inspection services by the AA , their useful checklist or RAC
Click to visit AutoBroker Used Car Checklist